How To Cancel A Trial On iOS
Don’t you breathe a sigh of relief when you find out that something regularly payment-based has an absolutely free of charge demo version? As a rule, we can’t refuse a free product even if we don’t really need it. There is some inexplicable charm in these free trials, especially if they offer some extra cool options.
Free Trial Period For Apps
Nowadays, the most vivid example of this phenomenon deals with mobile applications. Free trials may be of two types:
- Those allowing to get acquainted with paid apps before purchasing;
- Those offering free access to premium versions of apps.
The duration of the demo period is limited by developers’ wish only. As a rule, it includes 7, 14 or 30 days of usage. However, there may be also pleasant exceptions like Apple Music with its 3-month promotional campaign.
However, it’s not always easy to remember the exact expiration date of all the subscriptions on your iPhone. This becomes even more significant if you’re not interested in using that particular app, even fo a nominal fee.
The situation is also exacerbated by the fact that you won’t find any dedicated button to tap within the app to do so. It is well hidden, but we’ll tell you where to look.
Cancel Your Trial Subscriptions
So, if you don’t want to continue with an iOS app subscription, you should do the following:
- Go to the App Store and find the Apple ID listed at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on it and then on View Apple ID.
- Enter your password and you’ll get the access to your account settings.
- Then choose Subscriptions and select the Manage tab.
- In this tab, you’ll see the list of your active app subscriptions. Tap on the needed one.
- Aside from the information about your trial subscription and its remaining time, there will be Renewal Options.
- This is exactly the place where you should tap on Automatic Renewal to disable the option.
- The last step is pressing the Done button in the top right corner of the screen.
For your information, the subscription cancellation is a reversible process; so in case you change your mind and want to continue using the full version of the app, just repeat all the aforementioned steps and turn the Auto-Renewal on. There's nothing easier!
Have you ever experienced some problems with your subscriptions? Have you used this solution before? Do not forget to share your experience in the comments!