How To Delete Or Change The Credit Card Info From Your iOS Device
Entering bank card details is a necessary step if you want to purchase different applications from the App Store. At some point, you may need to either change the card info if you get a different one or remove the details completely if you decide that spending your money on apps is not something you want to do. Removing your credit card details also ensures that your money won’t get spent accidently if you pass your device to children. In any case, it’s definitely a reasonable decision if you don’t plan on buying applications, and here you will find out how to do that.
Changing the card details in your Apple ID
Your Apple ID is needed when you want to buy any digital content from Apple stores, including iTunes, App Store, and iBooks Store. Whether you decided to get a new card number, change your bank card provider, or use a different payment method, you will have to change the information that has already been entered in your Apple ID. You can easily achieve this by using your iOS device and following these steps:
- Open Settings on your iOS device.
- Go to iTunes & App Stores.
- Tap Apple ID and View Apple ID.
- Sign into your Apple ID by entering your password and tapping OK.
- Choose Payment Information. In this section, you will see the information, such as your bank card number, expiration date, security code, and more.
- All you have to do is enter new information and tap the Done button located at the top of the preferences panel. Once you do this step, you will receive an email confirming this change.
After you finished these steps, the information will get updated and from now on the new bank card will be charged when making any purchases from Apple online stores.
Deleting card info from iTunes using iPad or iPhone
One day you may decide that you spend too much money on apps or have any other reason to delete your card information. Luckily, the process of removing your details using your iPhone or iPad is extremely easy as all you need to do is:
- Go through the steps mentioned above to get to the Payment Information.
- Under Payment Type, tap None.
- Click Done.
Once you follow these steps, the card details available in your Apple ID will be removed. As a result, you won’t be able to install paid apps and make in-app purchases unless you enter your card details again. In such a way, you won’t have to worry about someone playing with your phone and buying applications that you don’t need, thus wasting your money.
Manage your account information quickly and easily
Deleting your bank card information or updating it if you get a new one is a simple and straightforward process that will take you only several minutes and protect you from potential wasting of money. If you get any questions regarding this tutorial, feel free to leave them in the comments for us to reply.